The Hemingway Day. Who's there?

Greetings on this very special Friday, special because it is National Cream Tea Day here in the UK, which sparks the never-ending debate… cream or jam first? Never mind that, if I hear another person say “scon” I’m going to launch the clotted cream. It’s scone. (And the very fact you can understand what I mean from the spelling means I’m right.)

Here’s The Hemingway Day to diffuse the situation.

shadows

Who’s there?

Two shadows. But I stood alone.

Thanks to The Daily Post for inspiring today’s post by asking about my muse… she’s called mother nature.

1. 26 June 2015 / 5:35 pm

I love the shadows. It makes me wonder who they might be! Feel free to check out my website too at jefftoots.wordpress.com

2. Andrey Lychik
    26 June 2015 / 7:20 pm

Cream tea day? Yes please.

3. 26 June 2015 / 9:23 pm

forgive me for commenting with an unattributed and quite feasibly sexist quote?

“I asked the maid in dulcet tone
    To order me a buttered scone;
    The silly girl has been and gone
    And ordered me a buttered scone.”

• 29 June 2015 / 6:28 pm

You are forgiven, that is just brilliant, and so clever. Did you make it up or did you find it somewhere?

• 30 June 2015 / 1:45 pm

I wish I had made it up, but I must confess to finding it online and now I can’t remember where!!!

4. 27 June 2015 / 2:22 am

LOL – spelling it out like that is the best way! Love it. And very sweet shot.

5. 27 June 2015 / 10:27 am

I like your muted colours. It’s a nice shot.
    Well, I hope the shadow next to you doesn’t read your blog, but of course, they don’t exist so how could they? 🙂 I’ll have to look up National Cream Tea Day, though I suspect it may just be my usual Sunday morning ritual.

• 29 June 2015 / 6:36 pm

Well there is certainly nothing wrong with having a National Cream Tea Day once a week! Thank you. He might be over my shoulder at all times, you never know…