Rat.

The poetic task on this happy Friday was to write an elegy on the subject of ‘fog’, using a metaphor. Here goes…

Rat.

Rat

The sight was hazed, the stature awry,

When whistling chaperoned the blindness.

Our bones would knock as sea-bound rocks,

As we tripped the dance of the inebriated.

Thanks to the Daily Post for the photo prompt.

1. 20th February 2015 / 6:31 pm

Perfect response to both the poetry prompt and the photo challenge!

• 20th February 2015 / 6:35 pm

Thanks Andy, it was nice to be given a prompt for the accompanying photo as otherwise I was stuck!

• 20th February 2015 / 6:36 pm

Doesn’t look like you were very stuck to me Laura!

• 20th February 2015 / 6:37 pm

Ah that’s very lovely of you but be assured there were a few moments of staring into oblivion today… this week, in fact!

• 20th February 2015 / 6:59 pm

I’ve had a few moments like that this week!

2. 20th February 2015 / 6:58 pm

The message of your poem was entirely clear to me – and quite amusing! I picked up on the oblique reference to ‘fog’, even though you didn’t use the word. Plus anything inspired by Champagne has got to be good! (humm. it just occurs to me that I immediately understood your metaphor, as I have experienced that sort of fog first-hand a time or two 🙂

• 21st February 2015 / 1:15 pm

Phew. that’s a relief, thank you for saying so! I was worried I’d been to abstract, but like you say, maybe it needed some shared personal experience to translate! 🙂

3. 20th February 2015 / 6:58 pm

• 21st February 2015 / 1:15 pm

4. 21st February 2015 / 8:33 am

Perfect match of photo and poem, Laura. Love it.

5. 21st February 2015 / 8:33 am

Perfect match of photo and poem, Laura. Love it.