Catch.

Journal

Writing my thoughts down.

In my bid for both literary greatness and a satisfying night of shut-eye, I have decided my erratically leaking thoughts are in need of some daily catching.

Hemingway kept a diary, Stanley Kubrick and Guillermo Del Toro have manoeuvred their way through some of my most cherished films via notebooks of scribbles, and Sylvia Plath waged war on many a mental monster through the pages of her journal. So I’ve decided it’s time to start scribbling down a daily thought or two.

My first main issue was which notebook to choose, because, let’s face it, we all know I’m partial to a little overt affection when it comes to stationery, so much so that my office could suffice as the local stationery shop. But in honour of National Stationery Week, I am willing myself to make a choice.

I opted for this pride and joy firstly because it says ‘journal’ on the spine, and I’m not so much a rebel that I’m keen to ignore what this book was intended for, but also because its title takes the pressure off.

From henceforth everything I write in my journal shall be entitled ‘fucking brilliant’. Even if it’s not.

Thank you to the Daily prompt for spurring my churning brain.

1. 4th May 2015 / 9:48 pm

Here from Community Pool! I like your writing voice. And I definitely can relate to this post — I’m a life long journal keeper but have done a poor job keeping up with it lately. Having awesome notebooks and stationery definitely helps!

• 5th May 2015 / 1:01 pm

It does help to have some lovely notebooks, this one is definitely giving me the daily lift I need to write in it! I think journal-keeping is one of those things that comes and goes, it is difficult to keep the habit, but perhaps set yourself a little goal of just half a page a day and you might stick to it. Thanks for visiting, I’ll come and visit you now too 🙂

2. 5th May 2015 / 2:24 am

Nice! I’ve been keeping a journal ever since I was a litttle girl. I have a dangerous obsession with stationary and school supplies. Love your pictures and the layout of your blog is unique. Can’t wait to read more of your posts.

• 5th May 2015 / 1:02 pm

Thank you very much! It started at school for me too, I always got so excited just a few days before the beginning of term when my Dad would take me shopping for a new pencil case and stationery supplies. 🙂

3. 5th May 2015 / 6:36 am

Nice I like your writing oh yeah great journal

4. 5th May 2015 / 9:45 am

Your writing is always fucking brilliant, so it is quite apt.

5. steveo
    3rd June 2015 / 1:21 am

Fuckin’ A (old school vernacular) !