The Hemingway Day. Take Flight.

Often I point my camera at the sky and my finger finds its way to the shutter. Time and again I am greeted with a photograph that immediately falls victim to the delete button, but once in a while a little gem appears, with a perspective I hadn’t seen before. Sometimes in life, all you need to do is look up…

roofwindows

Take Flight.

In here, light led the escape.

1. 17th July 2015 / 5:30 pm

Very Nice symmetry! 🙂

• 17th July 2015 / 7:09 pm

Thanks! I forgot to say the other day, my favourite line of The Simpsons… “Wait a minute. Bart’s teacher is named Krabappel? I’ve been calling her Crandall.” Its the way he delivers it, made me giggle. A lot.

• 20th July 2015 / 1:35 pm

It’s the episode where Krabappel and Skinner are falling for each other, and that comment comes after there’s been a series of scenes depicting the rumour mill of them being seen kissing in the caretaker’s cupboard. Ralph says something about them making a baby and that he saw one of the babies. It’s not even one I watched a lot as a child but it made me laugh a lot when Homer says it. You’ll have to watch it.

• 20th July 2015 / 4:08 pm

I remember the episode really well. How strange I don’t remember that line. I’ll check it out. I do remember Lisa pretending to have got food poisoning like the others (even though she didn’t eat meat) as she was that desperate to get out of the party.

• 20th July 2015 / 4:16 pm

Ah yes that was it, so they’re actually kissing in the wendy house at Martin’s party aren’t they? Oh the never-ending universe of The Simpsons.

2. 18th July 2015 / 12:29 am

Fabulous shot. Love the dark negative space and the colours in the light.

• 20th July 2015 / 1:40 pm

Thanks! I cannot work out where the colours are from, I think it might be dirt on the windows… :-O

3. 18th July 2015 / 1:48 am

That is a fabulous photo! I can’t believe you would consider deleting it ?

• 20th July 2015 / 1:44 pm

Haha, it’s ok, I did see the potential in this one before I went to delete it!

4. 20th July 2015 / 11:13 am

Excellent shot, love the colour in the windows..

5. 21st July 2015 / 2:36 am