The Beast.

I once tried to write a book when I was twelve. It remains unfinished, banished to the depths of my parent’s garage for the mice to contend with, so I have decided to try again.

Today I have entered the research phase of my newest project, which at the moment I shall call The Beast. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the storyline, but more the general presence of such a venture, as I am sure it’ll prove to be a troublesome little fellow indeed…

I shall be posting every now and again about the nature of The Beast, in the hope that in doing so I create some sort of webasphere pressure, and the words actually get written.

Wish me luck, come and join me if you’re a writer without a cause, or just send me your good vibes, I am going to need them.

Fingers crossed you can even read it one day.

P.S Here is a photo of my awesome notebook.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

P.P.S – I do believe this must qualify for this week’s Daily Post Photo Challenge, as it’s a post filled with optimism… or stupidity, I can’t decide.

1. 22nd January 2016 / 11:32 pm

Good luck, kiddo. Don’t forget, if you are struggling, there’s s get-together in Costa on Oxford Street in November. See you there.

2. 23rd January 2016 / 1:48 am

I also started writing a book when I was 12. It’s still in a blue notebook with brads in a box somewhere. I’ve since actually published two books, albeit 17 years later. I wish you all the luck you need. You can do it. Be diligent, and write especially when you don’t want to!

• 28th January 2016 / 7:04 pm

Thank you so much! It just shows you, you often know deep down what it is you’re supposed to be doing with the rest of your life… even when you’re 12!

• 28th January 2016 / 7:05 pm

Thank you, that means a lot! Here’s hoping I’ll have an update in a week or so! 🙂

3. 23rd January 2016 / 4:42 am

OMG, I started one comment and changed my train of thought, but didn’t delete everything. I am obviously up past my bedtime after too much wine. 😉 May your WIP have better luck than my comment. OY.

4. 23rd January 2016 / 9:27 am

I need to get me one of those notebooks.
    Good luck with The Beast 🙂

5. 23rd January 2016 / 2:12 pm

I tried writing a play after being inspired by watching Annie Hall. I was 14 and it was woeful!

• 28th January 2016 / 7:08 pm

HA! I bet even Woody has some woeful attempts stacked up from his typewriter…