Marry me.

I was sat waiting for a Greyhound bus in the middle of the Nevada Desert when he popped the question. I had been watching the dimpling heat ripples rising above Las Vegas for the last two hours, it wasn’t glamorous, but here he was, in his plaid shirt and his cowboy hat, about 50 years my senior and asking me to marry him.

I was immediately hounded by images of me lazed on a pink inflatable flamingo in a swimming pool under the Texan sun, martini in hand, sugar daddy leathering up on the sun bed nearby. I had always wanted to live in America, but alas, this was not the way. I politely declined, but I did sit and chat with him for another half an hour before boarding my bus outta there. He slipped me his address as I left. And he did have a swimming pool, I looked him up on my way to LA and I could see the little blue rectangle beside his house on google earth.

Obviously, I would have been mad to say yes to the Texan I’d known for mere minutes. Ok, I was a bit of a weirdo, but this was a step too far, and besides, I was already talking to a boy back in England several times a day. A boy that would soon become my boyfriend. A boy that I had already started to fall for across an ocean via my iPod touch. A boy that eight years later (PDA alert) I would still be crazy, stupid, mad for.

So happy Valentine’s Day to all you LadyFaces and BoyFeatures out there. Whether you’re loving your beau, loving your gal pal, loving a bromance, or just loving yourself, love love love, and then love a little bit more.

?

1. 18th February 2017 / 8:59 am

This is such a beautiful post, beautiful but funny ♡

I’m glad I’m not the only way to think the way you did haha. Absolutely love the accompanying image

• 19th February 2017 / 11:32 am

Ahh thank you so much?! I couldn’t resist that image when I found it, so nostalgic ??

2. 18th February 2017 / 12:31 pm

Aha I’m glad it’s not just me that gets propositioned by strangers on public transport! Ha! Lovely little story though <3

• 19th February 2017 / 11:34 am

Haha, I’m glad to hear someone else does too… it’s all good entertainment! Thank you so much ??

3. 18th February 2017 / 9:12 pm

This was a great post it really made me smile. I also love the image it took me back 20+ years to when I had my Barbie caravan and swimming pool and I loved them so much! Thanks for sharing this x

• 19th February 2017 / 11:36 am

Ahh thank you so much, so lovely of you to say so?! I had exactly the same moment when I found the image, it’s so beautifully nostalgic… my niece plays with my old barbies now and it just takes me back every time I see them! ??

4. 19th February 2017 / 8:51 am

Love this post 😀 are you suuuure you dont regret turning down the sugar daddy? 😉 heheh ive always wanted one :-p

• 19th February 2017 / 11:38 am

Hahahaha, perhaps if I didn’t have my lovely boyfriend now (who is the boy I was talking about in the story?) I might have regretted it! That pool though… ????

5. 22nd February 2017 / 4:44 pm

Babes this is so hilarious – can’t believe you didn’t say yes – so romantic!!!

• 1st March 2017 / 7:54 am

Haha ohhhh I know, just think of the life I could’ve had… ??

6. 3rd March 2017 / 9:32 pm

You don’t need a middle-aged Texan to enjoy a pool day on a flamingo float. Come visit me! I have a floatmingo, and my dad has a pool! I’m not sure about martinis, but I make a decent pina colada.

• 7th March 2017 / 6:02 pm

Ahh thanks Brita! Your proposition sounds MUCH better, I bet HE didn’t have a floatmingo! 😀