Top 5 Disney fashion collabs – because we all need a bit of fairytale escapism

Even as an “adult” I still feel I need a bit of Disney in my life. I don’t have a child that I can use as an excuse for a Friday night Disney binge, so I’m just going to come out and say it… Yes, it might be sentimental and saccharine and totally twee but I. Love. Disney. I almost revel in being ill just so I can stick on Lady and the Tramp or the Little Mermaid and feel that warm, velvety hug that comes from nostalgic escapism and believing in fairytales.

And I know I’m not the only one. Fashion says I’m not. Disney collabs have been ever prevalent for the last few years and I am celebrating that with a round up of my favourites so far. Because we all need a little sartorial escapism from time to time, and this hoodie makes me feel like Cinder-f*cking-rella.

(bonus points if any of you recognised the Pretty Woman swears there. Another film I recommend you watch on a “sick day”.)

Disney X Lazy Oaf

What would Walt create if he was a rebellious teenager living in East London? Why this of course…

Disney | Christopher Ræburn

You know those cuddly toy backpacks you used to carry at school? This is your high-fashion, grown-up equivalent. CR takes Mickey Mouse and gives him a baby soft leather makeover. And there’s even one in nudey pink

Givenchy Bambi

Oh, how I wanted this sweatshirt, oh how I NEEDED this sweatshirt. But alas, I never managed to obtain it. Ah well, I’ve got Bambi on blu-ray. #winning

Bobby Abley X Disney

Street style meets couture meets Disney. And they’re all very happy to know each other.

Disney X Coach

The marriage of two classic American powerhouses. Think understated, subtle touches of Mickey on your leatherwear.

So there we have it. The perfect dose of fashion fodder to fuel a dewy-eyed trip down memory lane. Go on, stick on Toy Story, you know you want to…

1. 13th April 2017 / 5:13 pm

I’m very close to 30, and I have no shame in my pure, unadulterated love with all things Disney. So much. That includes Disney Channel.

Have you seen the Vans collection of Toy Story shoes? I’m not a Vans person myself, but these shoes might just make me reconsider.

• 18th April 2017 / 3:25 pm

I did see those Brita! I actually covered their launch for one of my copywriting clients, and even I – the high heels only advocate – was considering a purchase! I’ve not watched the Disney Channel for years, must try and find it again! ?

2. 15th April 2017 / 11:48 am

My husband loves watching youtubers in Disneywold Florida, he has made me want to go to the Magic Kingdom again 🙂 I won’t even tell you how old he is lol, it’s just escapism in a world that can be horrible on times. Love the Coach ?

• 18th April 2017 / 3:24 pm

That’s exactly it! We all need a little daydream once in a while, *especially* these days! ✨☁️?

3. 15th April 2017 / 5:10 pm

I think the wife would love these collabs, especially the photo of the handbag!

• 18th April 2017 / 3:23 pm

Ahh you should surprise her with one Steve!! ??

4. 16th April 2017 / 10:01 am

I love disney too as an adult, it’s not even through working with children, its all me!

• 18th April 2017 / 3:22 pm

I think I’ll always love the escapism… Forever a child ??

5. 16th April 2017 / 3:58 pm

Those Mickey and Minnie backpacks are unreal, I’ve never seen anything like them x

• 18th April 2017 / 3:21 pm

Fab aren’t they?! Who knew carrying Mickey Mouse around could look elegant?! ?

6. 16th April 2017 / 9:35 pm

Hum….. think I prefer classic kids things from the Disney shop 🙂

• 18th April 2017 / 3:20 pm

Ahhh shame, I love the high fashion collabs, they bring out Disney’s dark side… ????

7. lisalambert38 - Mumdadplus4.co.uk
    17th April 2017 / 9:14 am

That handbag is adorable we love Disney in this house Winnie Pooh is my favourite I have hundreds of teddies for the Disney store

• 18th April 2017 / 3:16 pm

Oh I used to love going in the Disney store and seeing the piles of teddies, always wanted to jump in them ☺️