About

Hello loves, I’m Laura Gabrielle, a freelance writer living just outside of London.

My latest work has included travel writing for the Wall Street Journal, lifestyle writing for the Metro and writing about art and mental health for Breathe magazine. I have also recently interviewed Sharon Osbourne and Russell Tovey for indie mag DOG.

LauLauLand is my la-la land…

1. 16 July 2015 / 4:03 pm

Your words, they are awesome.

2. 6 August 2015 / 10:57 pm

Discovering your blog has been eye opening for me, your combination of photography and writing is fantastic. It has inspired me to brush up the appearance of my blog. Keep doing what you’re doing! πŸ™‚

• 6 August 2015 / 11:16 pm

It’s very nice of you to say so, thank you! It has taken some time to evolve, so I’m pleased to get good feedback. I’ll keep an eye on any changes you make πŸ˜‰

3. 7 August 2015 / 7:27 pm

My collection of notebooks is small, quite old and tattered. The contents often seem rather dark, even to me, when I go back to them after all the years.

After being accepted, I think it was 1973 (Posner, Richard W) or thereabouts, to Clarion, a workshop in creative writing (all science fiction actually), at Michigan State. Six weeks of “instruction” by six well known, “successful” scifi authors; Ted Sturgeon, Robin Scott Wilson (the founder of the original Clarion workshop) and Harlan Ellison among them.

After being quite thoroughly disappointed by all but Sturgeon, I made a few attempts at selling myself anyway. The result was no surprise and not particularly disappointing. I simply have neither the temperament nor, consequently, the “skill” to “succeed” as a “commercial” fiction writer.

Having said all that, it’s not intended to discourage you, nor anyone else for that matter. By all means, congratulations on your “success”. May it continue and burgeon.

Now I think I should take some time to look beyond your “About” page and see if this old dog might yet learn a new writing trick or two.

• 7 August 2015 / 11:12 pm

The best notebooks are old and tattered, it means they’re full of thoughts, even if they are dark. Mine are often embarrassing to me, especially the ones from years ago. But they all have their part in the journey I guess… My success is very small so far, but I am determined, so we shall see. Thanks for the food for thought, I hope you do find some inspiration across my pages, as I’m not sure I’m experienced enough to teach much yet…

4. 8 August 2015 / 2:37 pm

I’m honored to be the 100th Like on this page. Cheers to you writing the old fashioned way – with a pencil.

• 8 August 2015 / 4:43 pm

I’m honoured you’re honoured! Thank you! I’m glad someone else appreciates that. I can’t be as creative with technology in the way.

• 8 August 2015 / 4:51 pm

When I saw the number, I couldn’t resist. πŸ™‚

5. 13 August 2015 / 11:46 pm

What a diverse set of works! Keep them coming!