Choke.

A four day week is an affair of proportions so glorious that it means Friday has come without my usual straggling spirit and dwindling dynamism. And so it is with my seldom felt Friday fizz that I bring you The Hemingway Day, and six words that together make a very jolly piece of flash fiction. What a difference a day makes.

choke

Choke.

His veins strained as she squirmed.

Thanks to The Daily Post for the prompt, ‘Afloat’, which prompted me, for some reason, to think about suffocation, and the floating of blood amidst veins. Don’t judge me, I’m really a rather happy soul.

1. 10 April 2015 / 5:42 pm

Original, creative and clever; nothing else to judge you for.

• 10 April 2015 / 5:51 pm

And by the way, you moved the bar up. I’m now going to look for a photo in my archive…sweating….:-)

• 10 April 2015 / 5:55 pm

Haha, thank you! It’s lovely to hear as I feared my natural inclination towards the somewhat macabre might be deemed a little strange. Although saying that, a little dose of weirdness never hurt anyone. I am sure you will find something wonderful 😀

• 10 April 2015 / 6:06 pm

I don’t have the inclination and may even be afraid of it after midnight, but as long as it’s daylight, I’m fine. Hahaha.
            What’s weirdness anyways? Better that than the boredom of fitting and conforming. 🙂

• 10 April 2015 / 6:09 pm

Ha, you’ll be thankful that the nights are drawing out then! That’s a good point, I guess we only judge weirdness by the majority being deemed as ‘normal’, I’ll try to remember that…

• 10 April 2015 / 6:16 pm

I’m already! Remember that! Creative, innovative people, I.e. the ones who make life in general move ahead, and also be more interesting, are called ‘weirdos’ because they are not complying to sameness.
                Keep being yourself.

2. 10 April 2015 / 7:30 pm

Your entry was so original, Laura. It gives us permission to think outside the box!

3. 11 April 2015 / 12:54 pm

Wow. The image, as in the image and the image you spin with your words just won’t go away. Perfect.

• 11 April 2015 / 1:00 pm

Thank you Andy, although I do hope it’s not haunting, I must admit it’s not the happiest image to be left with! :-/

• 11 April 2015 / 2:29 pm

Not haunting, but thought provoking, you write well.

4. 13 April 2015 / 7:24 pm

Brilliantly original. Even the words add to its vividness.